Monday, December 14, 2009

Hot verses Cold Weather for Christmas

It is hard to feel like it is Christmas time
when the weather outside is Hot, Hot and Humid.
Most people are wearing flip-flops, shorts and singlets (tank tops)
or for women sun dresses.
We have the Christmas tree up
and bought a air conditioner for our Christmas present.
Some way the two just don't seem to go together.
Then try singing Christmas Carols
with sweat rolling down your face, back, arms, legs, etc.
Some way it just does not compute in our heads.
We have talked with several other persons from England,
Canada and America, they all say you just don't get your head used to
it being hot instead of cold or cool for Christmas time.

4 comments:

Amy Girl said...

That would be difficult to adjust to. I do think I would adapt though. It was -12 last week! I thought I would die, and I didn't even have to go to the bus like the kids did.

Grammy Staffy said...

You are right. Hot and Christmas just don't seem to go together. We haven't had a cold Christmas here in a long time but at least it is not sweaty hot.

We are going to Utah this year and it is freezing there they say. It was 7 last week...brrr.

I can't believe that you have past your 1 year mark. What an adventure for you two.

I am sending you warm Christmas wishes...lol...that was my attempt at a joke.... and lots of love, Lura

Grammy Staffy said...

Hello again. I am just sending love and best wishes for a merry Christmas.

I have posted Christmas greetings for you on my last 2 blogs. Stop by if you can find the time. Hugs, Lura

Kristen Wilde said...

It was summer for Christmas on my mission in Argentina too, but that didn't stop people from drinking hot chocolate and putting up Christmas lights. So weird! In July (winter), the 4 of us in an apartment decided to have our own little Christmas, just for fun!